Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Motorcycle Diaries


I watched this for the third time the other day. I actually enjoyed it more than I did the first time. When I first saw it, I went in with the assumption that it was a movie about Che Guevara in his younger days and it would foreshadow what happened with the Cuban revolution. That's not really what it is. When I re-watched it recently, I didn't really think about it historically; I didn't even think about who the character of 'Ernesto' would later become - and I enjoyed it more. It's basically a cool road-trip movie about humanity and the awakening of a social conscience. There are a lot of subtle moments in the movie that are actually quite moving, and I missed these on my first viewing. Oh and it made me pumped to go to South America - the scenery is spectacular and mysterious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Cabernet Leather", eh?

I was thinking the other day about Tasmanian foods, and was surprised by the thought that "Leatherwood Honey" actually sounds kind of kinky.

Cabernet Leather said...

Ha ha! Yeah I've thought the very same thing about "Leatherwood Honey".

I had a dream recently, in which I was drinking a wine called "Cabernet Leather"... and I thought it would be a good alias.