Thursday, August 28, 2008

This looks awesome...

Body of Lies. It's Ridley Scott's latest film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. Watch the trailer here.

DiCap (if I may call him that) is one of the best screen actors around at the moment. He's been awesome in everything since Catch Me If You Can, particularly awesome in Blood Diamond. Russell Crowe is always good value so it looks promising, based on the casting alone.

Ridley Scott is one of my favourite directors. He seems quite happy to try his hand at any genre - he's made great sci-fi (Blade Runner, Alien), 'historical fiction' shall we say (Gladiator, The Duellists, Kingdom of Heaven. Actually that last one wasn't so great), gritty, true-story dramas (Black Hawk Down, American Gangster), even a romantic comedy (A Good Year, which I haven't seen yet but I've heard it's a bit crap).

Body of Lies is a 'relevant' political thriller, based on a novel by David Ignatius. DiCaprio plays a former journalist, hired by the CIA (Big Russ pops up here, I'm guessing) to track down an Al Qaeda leader in the Middle East. It looks super exciting.

The people involved in this film are certainly capable of great things, so I hope they deliver the goods!

It's scheduled to be released on the 9th of October.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Golly. I actually heard you say, "If I may call him that." Auditory hallucinations are excellent for enhancing the reading of blogs.

Nick G said...

Even Vince Colosimo gets a part in this film. I've always thought he's pretty good. And I agree with you on the dicap, he's able to pull off both character and lead roles convincingy. Although according to two ladies I was sitting with the other day, he's not as hot as he was